Steering rack and e-brake updates

Well, I’ve been bad at posting again, its been a busy summer.  I managed to get the steering wheel mounted finally (had to modify the hub adapter for the Momo steering wheel).  I also mounted the e-brake lever, and routed the e-brake cable.  I need to install a pulley for the cable coming out of the lever, but its basically done.

In other news, I finally tackled the steering rack.  It was kind of scary at first but ended up not being too bad.. Just had to disassemble it, cut 6 inches out, reweld it, and reassemble.  I had to repeat the procedure once because the first time I welded the rack together it wasn’t quite straight.. but the second time I got it spot on.

Next I’ll be modifying the steering column and tie rods, at which point steering will work (woohoo!).  From there, I believe I’m done with all the big “scary” things.. I’ll probably be moving on to fuel or electrical next.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>